Nitman Performance was founded and is run by Rob Nitman.
I am currently working as the Performance Sport & Fitness Officer at Sport Brighton (part of The University of Brighton) alongside the development of Nitman Performance.
My role at Sport Brighton involves the physical development of the students for their sports including rugby, hockey, netball, swimming and many more. I also work closely with all the scholarship athletes and am in charge of the long term athletic development plan whilst also overseeing the ongoing career and coaching development of a student coaching team.
My background prior to my current positions includes:
- Head of S&C – Eastbourne College
- Head of S&C – Esher Rugby (National 1)
- Personal Trainer – Reach Fitness London
- Head of S&C and Gym Manager – East Grinstead RFC (National 3 LSE)
- Assistant S&C Coach – Northland Rugby (ITM Cup New Zealand)
- S&C Intern – Harlequins Rugby (Premiership)
Some of my other qualifications and achievements include:
- Accredited Strength and Conditioning Coach (ASCC) – UKSCA
- BSc Hons Degree – Sports Coaching Science – University of Worcester
- Emergency First Aid at Work – St Johns Ambulance
- Safeguarding Children – Eastbourne College
- UK Anti-Doping Accredited Advisor
- Strength Training Seminar & Workshop – Chad Wesley Smith (Juggernaut Training Systems Owner & Elite Powerlifter)
- Speed & Acceleration Seminar – James Wild (Head S&C at Surrey Sports Park)
- Hamstring Rehabilitation Seminar – Suki Hodgson (Sports Rehabilitation Specialist)
- Player Power Profiling – Alex Ross (Auckland Blues Sports Scientist and Assistant S&C)
- Sprint Biomechanics and Coaching Application Workshop – Jonas Dodoo (SpeedWorks)
- Velocity Based Training Seminar – Dr Dan Baker
- Olympic Weightlifting Workshop – Catalyst Athletics
- Child to Champion Long Term Athletic Development Conference – Proformance
Throughout my career to date I have worked with athletes in sports such as:
- Rugby Union
- American Football
My own personal sporting background is quite varied having played Rugby Union since the age of 7, I won several County Championships in the Discus in Sussex Athletics, and since graduating I have also trained in MMA, and competed in Strongman. Currently I am pursuing Olympic Weightlifting and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
I believe that this varied training background has allowed me to explore several training pathways, and I have had the opportunity to experiment with training protocols to see what works and what doesn’t for different outcomes.
My desire now is to help others achieve their physical peak, and help to achieve success in athletes – no matter their sporting background or goals.
So why not join me in this pursuit and see how, working together, you can reach new heights in your chosen field.
Nitman Performance – Don’t Just Train, Perform.